- Annual Reports
- Technical Booklets
- White Papers
- Industry Resources
- Carbohydrate Check Sample Program
- Other Resources
- CRA Statement on WHO Draft Guidelines on Sugar Intake
- CRA Statement on Western District of New York Lawsuit
- CRA Response to Soda Consumption & Behavioral Problems Study
- CRA Response to Nature Communications Mouse Study
- CRA Statement on Study on the Effects of Fructose on Liver Disease
- CRA Statement on JAMA Internal Medicine Study
- CRA Welcomes Robert Swinford
- Corn Refiners Association Celebrates 100 Years
- CRA Applauds Updated TPA Legislation
- Kohler Accepts Position at GMA
- Statement on the Food & Drug Administration Denial of Petition
- Study Relies on Debunked Research and Pure Speculation In Effort To Blame HFCS for Autism
- CRA Responds to Colony Collapse Disorder Claims
- Sugar Industry Ramps Up Misinformation Campaign
- Corn Refiners Ask Court to Dismiss Case
- Response to UCLA Rat Study
- Statement on the New York State Supreme Court’s Decision
- New Study on Fructose Ignores “Real World” Dietary Habits
- New Study Alleging HFCS-Diabetes Link is Flawed and Misleading
- Sugar Industry’s Latest Move
- Sugar Industry in a Stretch: Pitching New Study To Create False Scientific Controversy
- Corn Refiners Counter Sue the Sugar Association
- CRA Statement on GHSU Study
- Inconclusive Fructose Study
- Sugar Lawyers Refile Claims Already Rejected By Court
- Sugar Industry “Shopping Mall” Survey Misleads Consumers
- Corn Refiners Applaud Passage of Free Trade Agreements
- Court Rejects Key Portions of Lawsuit
- Corn Refiners Urge Passage of Free Trade Agreements
- HFCS & Sugar: Studies Show No Meaningful Difference
- Corn Refiners Respond to Lawsuit
- Heart Disease Study Fails to Prove Increased Risk Factors
- CRA Commends Signing of Mexico Trucking Agreement
- Fairfax Schools Chocolate Milk Sweetener
- Corn Refiners Applaud Trade Accord with Colombia
- Deregulation of Corn Amylase Biotech Trait
- Mexico Trucking Dispute
- CRA Welcomes Korean Deal
- JASN Fructose Review
- New Study – Added Sugars & Heart Disease
- Focus on Fructose Misplaced
- Sugar Content Study Flawed
- CRA Petitions FDA for Use of "Corn Sugar"
- Sara Lee Swaps Corn Sugar for Cane/Beet Sugar
- Fructose Pancreatic Cancer Study
- Metabolic Syndrome Research
- Summer Sweets
- Furan Study Misleading
- Gross Errors in Princeton Study
- Duke Statement Flaws
- CBS News Health Report
- Citizens For Health Fails To Disclose Funding In Latest Smear Of HFCS
- Legal Merits of CRA's Right to Educate Consumers about HFCS Unaffected by Judge's Ruling on Member Companies
- New Study: Fructose and Added Sugars Should Not be Singled Out in Obesity
- Online Campaign Highlights Caloric Balance & Total Sugars, Not Type
- Study Proves the Nutritional Equivalence of HFCS and Sugar
- Sugar Industry Denies Misleading Public Despite Pay-for-Play Media Reports
- Corn Refiners Association Welcomes New President
- News Archives
- HFCS-Free False Health Halo
- HMF, Honeybees and HFCS
- AHA Study Leads to Confusion
- AMA Decision on HFCS
- Beverages & Feelings of Hunger
- Bipartisan Approach Aplauded
- Confusion About Sugars
- Court Ruling on Natural Labeling
- CRA Applauds Michener Appointment
- CRA Applauds Terpstra Nomination
- CRA Applauds Vilsack Nomination
- CRA Statement – King Corn
- Do Fad Diets Really Work?
- Expert Assessment: HFCS Mercury
- FDA Natural Clarification
- Fructose Confused With HFCS
- HFCS Mercury Study Flawed
- HFCS Mercury Study Outdated
- HFCS Natural Labeling
- High Fructose Corn Syrup & Mercury
- ILSI-USDA Workshop on HFCS
- Moms' Nutrition Concerns
- NBC News Nutrition Report
- No Reason to Switch
- Outstanding Researchers Honored
- Peru Trade Deal
- Proposed Florida Legislation
- Pure Fructose Confused With HFCS
- Statement on Peru Trade Agreement
- Sweet Surprise
- Sweetener Reformulations
- Test Your Sweet-Smarts
- Tests Find No Quantifiable Mercury
- Tips for Healthier Summer Eating
- Wake Up & Smell the Coffee
- Position Statements
Refractive Index-Dry Substance (RI-DS) Program
The RI-DS Program is an Excel-based program, which allows generation of tables relating dry substance and refractive index for corn syrups, high fructose corn syrups and blends of these products with sucrose.
Please read the following information before downloading the program and manual.
Corn Refiners Association, Inc. (“CRA”) owns the copyright in the RI-DS computer program and all related documentation, including the RI-DS Program Manual. The RI-DS Program is protected to the maximum extent permitted by U.S. and international copyright laws.
By using the RI-DS Program, you consent to the terms of usage outlined below. If you do not consent to the terms of this license, you may not use the RI-DS Program.
CRA grants you non-exclusive, non-transferable use of the RI-DS Program. The RI-DS Program may not be disassembled, decompiled, changed or modified in any way, nor may any part of the RI-DS Program be reproduced, redistributed or transmitted, translated into any language or computer language, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical or otherwise without the prior written authorization of CRA.
CRA reserves all rights not expressly granted under this license.
All official updates to the RI-DS Program will be made available from the CRA web site only. By obtaining the RI-DS Program from any source other than CRA, you are using an unauthorized copy of the software and your useage of the RI-DS Program is done wholly at your own risk and negates the CRA Terms of Usage.
Liability Limitation, Disclaimer and Indemnity
You use the RI-DS Program at your own risk, and CRA provides no guarantees of any kind regarding the dependability, accuracy or security of the RI-DS Program. The program is provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, accuracy, completeness, functionality, lack of viruses, title or non-infringement. In no event will CRA be liable for any damages (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings, breach of confidentiality, loss of data, interruption of business or other incidental, indirect or consequential damages arising out of or connected with the use or inability to use the RI-DS Program, even if CRA has been advised of the possibility of such damages) or for any claim by any third party. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend CRA from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, losses and expenses arising from your use of the RI-DS Program and your use of any data generated from the RI-DS Program.
All rights in the product names, company names, trade names, and logos of CRA or third-party products or services, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to CRA or their respective owners, and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws.
The terms of this license supersede any prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and CRA.
RI-DS Program Files
It is recommended that you download and read the RI-DS Program Manual prior to downloading the RI-DS Program. Click on the link below to download a PDF file of the Manual. PDF files must be viewed with Adobe Acrobat ReaderTM. The software is available free of charge from Adobe. Download FREE Adobe Acrobat? ReaderTM to view PDF files.
RI-DS Program Manual — File Size: 962 KB
The RI-DS Program is available for download in ZIP format. After saving the program, locate the ZIP file and double click on it to extract two files: the main file (with the document extension of .xls) and the auxiliary file (with the document extension of .xlt). Both of these files are necessary to run the RIDS program successfully. Make sure that they remain in the same folder on your computer. They will automatically connect to one another, and do not require you to create an association.
*Please note the RI-DS Program has not been validated for Microsoft Excel 2007.
RI-DS Program ZIP File — File Size: 186 KB
(Version 4 loaded April 10, 2009 )
RI-DS Program (SI-Units) Zip File — File Size: 180 KB
(Version 4 loaded April 10, 2009)
Readers are advised that the information and documents available on this website (“Content”) are intended for general educational and informational purposes only. The Corn Refiners Association, Inc. (“CRA”) makes no warranty, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the Content, and in no event shall CRA or its employees be liable for any damage of any kind resulting from the viewing or use of the Content. References to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, do not constitute any standard set or enforced in any way by CRA or imply any endorsement or recommendation by CRA. Any technical questions regarding the Content should be referred to CRA or to member companies.